Monday 19 April 2010

Cupcakes and Almond Milk

Last night involved -



Trout with roasted veg, quinoa and spinach (my first time trying quinoa - I really liked it, but it was a bit hard to taste with all the other flavours in the bowl!)



Green juice made with cucumber, spinach, apple, celery, lemon and ginger



a DVD (if you can see the spongebob squarepants DVD peeking out underneath, it's my flatmates I promise!)



and a 'yoga for newbies' vid on yogaisyummy.net


Today started with coffee and a yummy bowl of Doves Organic cereal, with flax, cinnamon, honey berries and homemade almond milk.



Almond milk is seriously easy and cheap to make!

To make about 1 cups worth -

- soak a small handful of almonds in water for a few hours first (I usually leave them overnight), to make them more digestible and easier to blend.



- then blend with 1 cup of water



- strain through a sieve (or nut milk bag if you have one!)



- and that's it! - you're left with a yummy healthy milk



and left over pulp makes a great natural exfoliator



(Oh and p.s. yep I do only have one half of my nails painted - I never seem to have time to do them all at once!)


The rest of the day so far has included walk along the beach to the marina (with a bag of grapes),




- past the nudist beach (just part of the main beach, behind a not that discreet pebble hill!) -



drinking a green smoothie made with frozen banana, spinach, flax and hemp,



and baking honey and banana cupcakes :)

1 comment:

  1. All of your photos are beautiful! You present your food so well and I am very impressed by your home-made almond milk.

    Brighton looks amazing ~ I'm sure the lovely weather helped but I'd still much rather be there than stuck in the North East backwater where I live ;)

    Thank you so much for your comment and look forward to reading more :D

    <3

    ~Jess~

    ReplyDelete