Sunday 18 April 2010

Brighton Marathon

So I had planned to spend a couple of hours sitting reading on the beach, but when I got to the seafront at the end of my road I saw the runners going past and remembered it was the Brighton marathon today.



There was such a nice atmosphere, with loads of people standing at the sides and cheering people on, calling out 'go on _ (name on bib!) to people they didn't know. The volunteers near me were shouting out 'only two more miles!', so I decided to walk on to the finish line.



- some parts of the race seemed pretty casual, with nothing to separate the runners and spectators





Not long to go!



a great quote on the wall -



The finish line!



I was so glad I got to watch part of it, it was so inspiring and motivating to see all the runners - especially people of all different sizes, ages etc. Everyone watching seemed to be having a great time, it was the first ever Brighton marathon, so I think people were really excited about it.


I walked back along the busy beach



Grabbed a handful of grapes as soon as I got in



Then made a big batch of roasted veggies - red onion, yellow and green peppers, cherry tomatoes, brussel sprouts, courgette and sweet potato - with olive oil and lots of herbs



While the veggies were roasting I snacked on a bowl of yogurt, berries, cinnamon, nutmeg, date syrup, flax, hemp, cacao nibs and a crumbled cereal biscuit



Then had a very late lunch of spinach and roasted veggies and a big blob of hummus, simple but very tasty!

1 comment:

  1. heya i love your blog well glad u commented so i could find it :)
    thats so cool u live in brighton! im there every 2/3 weeks totaly flat hunting in the area too :)
    so its nice to know more people in the area! only know like 12 xx peony

    ReplyDelete